Veterans with Disabilities
Job Search Preparation
- Apprenticeships, Occupations & Careers — Resources to help veterans find high-skill, good paying apprenticeships.
- CareerOneStop's Veteran and Military Transition Center — Put your military skills to work. Enter your military job and where you live. CareerOneStop will match it to civilian careers that use similar skills and show you job openings in those careers.
- FEDSHIREVETS — Since the establishment of the Veterans Employment Initiative, the federal government has led the charge to honor your service by promoting opportunities for you and your family to continue your service as federal civilian employees.
- Military to Civilian Occupation Translator helps service members match military skills and experience to civilian occupations. This printable PDF lists military terms and their civilian equivalents.
- Journey to Success-Employment tools for Veterans with Disabilities — This document describes services that help veterans with a disability enter the workforce and find fulfilling employment. Some of the services are open only to veterans, but many of them are available to any American with a disability.
- Military Spouses helps connect military spouses with employers.
- My Next Move For Vets provides information to help veterans learn more about an industry or career choice.
- Veterans' Employment and Training Service — Serves veterans and separating service members by preparing them for meaningful careers, providing employment resources and expertise and protecting their employment rights.
- VETERANS.GOV is designed to be the virtual "first stop" in the employment search process for veterans, transitioning service members, and their spouses — and for employers in the hiring process.
Also see general Job Search Preparation tips for all disabilities.
See general Social Security information for all disabilities.
See general Disclosure information for all disabilities.