Idaho's new hire reporting law requires all Idaho employers to report their new employees to the Idaho Department of Labor within 20 days of the date of hire, as well as rehired employees if their previous employment was terminated at least 60 days prior to their first day of employment.
Report New Hires Online
Information needed to report
- Employee Name
- Social Security Number
- Start Date (first day employee worked for wages)
- Employer Name
- Employer Address
- Federal Employer Identification Number
- State Unemployment Insurance Account Number (Unless exempt/non-covered employer)
Preferred Reporting Methods
- Report new hires in Idaho’s New Hire Directory.
- Submit records through your Employer Portal account using Secure Messaging. Records are uploaded electronically; please submit records using this template. If you do not have Excel, please submit in an editable document; no PDFs or other image files.
Other Reporting Methods
- View our frequently asked questions.
- Call (208) 332-8941 for assistance or any additional questions
- Email email@example.com for help reporting new hires; do not report new hire information using email. It is not a secure means of transmission.