How do I get started on the Claimant Portal?

First, verify your identity with This is the secure system we use to protect your information. To get started, go to the Claimant Portal and click on the Sign in with button.

How do I change my mailing address?

The Idaho Department of Labor will mail you important information even if email is your preferred contact method. It is your responsibility to keep your address current. If you don’t, you may miss important documents that affect your benefits.

To change you mailing address, log in to the Claimant Portal. Then follow these steps:

  • Click on the Account tab.
  • Select the Edit Profile link.
  • Update your address information.
  • Make sure your address is correct.
  • Click Submit.

Return to unemployment insurance FAQ

I have been locked out of my account. What do I do?

For help, go to Idaho DOL & Here, you can find guides on topics like “How do I unlock my account?

You can also contact support using the chat feature. To start, click the Contact Support button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.’s support team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.

If wait times are long, try contacting outside of regular business hours. doesn’t have a phone line. Use the website to get help and answers.

I have an Employment Authorization or Permanent Resident Card. Where do I find my card numbers?

Your card number location depends on the card. Find your card number with the help of this guide.

Why do I need to update my work history?

Your work history decides your eligibility for benefits and prevents delays on your claim. You must give Idaho Labor your complete work history for the last 2 years.

To enter this information, go to the Claimant Portal. Click on History, then click on Manage Work History.

I entered my work history, why won’t it submit?

There are a few reasons your work history may not submit. To submit successfully:

  • Be sure you clicked the box agreeing that your work history is updated and correct.
  • Check that all fields were completed correctly.
  • Don’t use a comma (,) in the Gross Earnings field or a dash (-) in the Supervisor Phone Number field. You can only enter numbers.
If you clicked Submit and were returned to the login page, this means the system timed out. Log back in and try entering your work history information again.

Can I withdraw my claim?

You may withdraw your claim at any time if:

  • You send in a written request.
  • You didn’t lie or fail to report a fact on your claim.
  • You agree to repay any benefits you were paid.
Ask us if you have questions about withdrawals. Your claim is not withdrawn when you stop reporting.

What if I become unemployed again? Do I reopen my claim?

Your claim will go inactive if:

  • You don’t file a weekly certification for 2 weeks in a row.
  • You earn over 1.5 times your weekly benefit amount for 2 weeks in a row.

You will need to reopen your claim if you become unemployed again.

To reopen, go to the Claimant Portal. If you don’t have internet access, please visit your local Labor office.

Reopen your claim in the week you stop working full time. Don’t wait; Idaho will not allow backdating. Your claim will be open the following Sunday.

You must add any missing work history. This includes a complete list of employers and work addresses.

ver: 3.5.2a | last updated:
Jump back to top of page button